Global coupons can be created to apply toward any individual piece of content, collection, or product. (Note that they cannot be applied to subscriptions.) You can set up the desired coupon, along with any limits that should apply, and distribute to learners for use at checkout.
Where do I find this?
Ecommerce > Global A La Carte Coupons
How do I do this?
- From your homepage, select Ecommerce. Then click Global A La Carte Coupons.
- Click Add Coupon.
- Fill in appropriate information
- Coupon Code: enter the specific code you will distribute to learners.
- Max Redemptions: determine the # of redemptions you'd like to allow. If left blank, the default is unlimited redemptions.
- Percent Off OR Amount Off: enter either the desired percentage or $ amount discount. If entering Percent Off, this must be a positive integer between 1 and 99 and cannot include a decimal point.
- Applies To: choose All Learners, Returning Learners Only, or New Learners Only.
- Redeem By: enter a date the coupon can be redeemed by. If left blank, there will be no expiration date.
- Can be used multiple times within the same order?: Because this coupon applies globally, you can decide whether the coupon would apply to all items within an order or just one.
- Lastly, you must activate your coupon before learners can apply it during checkout.
- Click Save.
What else do I need to know?
You can also append a specific coupon code directly to a course detail or course collection detail page URL. This will send learners directly to the checkout flow with the coupon applied.
- Use this URL structure for individual courses:
- Use this URL structure for course collections:
The collection slug can be found by viewing the specific collection and noting the slug in the address bar.
What does this look like?