One way to automatically retrieve data from your learning site is to set up nightly data transfers to an SFTP. Once set up, you will begin receiving nightly posts of particular events to a secure client FTP, in either CSV or JSON format. You can then pull data from the SFTP to easily integrate with third party programs.
Where do I find this?
Settings > Integrations > Notifications
How do I do this?
- From your homepage, select Settings.
- From the left menu, select Integrations and then Notifications.
- Click New Notification to add a new notification.
- From here you will find a complete list of available events. Select the event that you'd like to receive notifications for (e.g. instructor is messaged).
- Once your selection in made, you will be prompted to select your preferred format. Click SFTP.
- Enter the appropriate SFTP address and select a notification format (CSV or JSON).
- You can also choose to be notified about a specific course, but the default setting applies to all courses within your learning site.
- Click Test Event.
- Once you've received your sample, click Save Notification.
What else do I need to know?
- SFTP transfers are fired at 2am (based on your instance's time zone) and will contain all events from the previous day. For example, the SFTP transfer sent at 2am on Friday will contain all of Thursday's events.
- You can download a sample CSV or JSON file for any particular event by clicking on that event and then Download Sample CSV or Download Sample JSON. If the sample is empty, you may need to trigger that event within the learning site.
What does this look like?