You can sell products from your Thought Industries site, as well as configure shipping rates for any physical items you plan to sell. You are responsible for handling fulfillment for all digital and physical products sold on the learning site.
Note that in order to set up shipping rates, you must first connect to Stripe and integrate with Avalara. For more information, see our Configuring Stripe eCommerce on Your Site and Integrating with Avalara for Taxes & Shipping articles.
Where do I find this?
Settings > Integrations > eCommerce
How do I do this?
To set up shipping rates:
- From your homepage, select Settings.
- From the left menu, select Integrations and then eCommerce.
- Assuming you're connected to Stripe and Avalara, you will have the option to manage fulfillment and shipping rate details on this page.
Avalara Tax is behind a feature flag.
Reach out to Thought Industries Tech Success & Support for assistance to enable this feature in your instance.
- Within the Shipping Rates section, click Add Shipping Rate.
- Shipping Rate Name: this name is displayed to learners so they can select a shipping method (e.g. free shipping, UPS Ground - US Only).
- Country: select which country/countries this shipping method applies to.
- Criteria: select shipping criteria based off total order price or total order weight.
- Criteria Price/Weight: set a specific price/weight to implement tiered shipping based off set criteria, if applicable.
- Shipping Price: input the shipping price for the selected country and criteria.
- Click Save.
To add shipping to a product:
- From your homepage, select eCommerce.
- Click the Actions drop-down next to the item you want to edit (or, to add a new eCommerce item, see our Setting Up a Product article).
- Scroll down the page and toggle "Physically Shipped?" to "Yes".
- Next, you will be prompted to enter the weight of the physical product.
- If a phone number is needed, toggle "Need Recipient Phone Number?" to "Yes". This will add a phone number collection field to the checkout process in addition to the address.
- Click Save.
What else do I need to know?
- Products, subscriptions, and course collections all have a "Physically Shipped?" option.
What does this look like?
Admin View (Setting Up Shipping Rates):
Admin View (Adding Shipping to a Product):