You can sell products from your Thought Industries site, as well as configure shipping rates for any physical items you plan to sell. You are responsible for handling fulfillment for all digital and physical products sold on the learning site.
In order to set up shipping rates, you must first connect to Stripe and integrate with Avalara. For more information, see our Configuring Native eCommerce and Integrating with Avalara for Taxes & Shipping articles.
Setting Up Shipping Rates
- From your homepage, select Settings.
- From the left menu, select Integrations and then eCommerce.
- Within the Shipping Rates section, click Add Shipping Rate.
- Shipping Rate Name: this name is displayed to learners so they can select a shipping method (e.g. free shipping, UPS Ground - US Only).
- Country: select which country/countries this shipping method applies to.
- Criteria: select shipping criteria based off total order price or total order weight.
- Criteria Price/Weight: set a specific price/weight to implement tiered shipping based off set criteria, if applicable.
- Shipping Price: input the shipping price for the selected country and criteria.
- Click Save.
Add Shipping to a Product
- From your homepage, select eCommerce.
- Click the Actions drop-down next to the item you want to edit (or, to add a new eCommerce item, see our Setting Up a Product article).
- Scroll down the page and enable Physically Shipped.
- Enter the weight of the physical product.
- If a phone number is needed, enable Need Recipient Phone Number.
- This will add a phone number collection field to the checkout process in addition to the shipping address.
- Click Save.
Products, subscriptions, and course collections all have an option to physically ship.