Set up a new client (a.k.a. panorama) if you have a particular learner cohort that should have a uniquely branded experience and access to particular content.
With the creation of a new client, we also create a Main sublicense by default. This Main sublicense is automatically given all content access you provision at the client (or panorama) level.
This Main sublicense is important because every learner in a panorama should also be assigned a sublicense. Because the Main sublicense automatically gains access to all content provisioned at the panorama level, this is the best sublicense to use when learners need access to all content given to the client.
If you'd like to provision content to different cohorts within a particular client, you would create additional sublicenses. This allows all learners within the client to adhere to any master license terms and have the same branded experience, while at the same time, allowing you to provision different content to subsets of learners. Note that you would not create additional sublicenses if all learners within the client should receive access to the same content.
Where do I find this?
Panorama > Add Client
How do I do this?
- From your homepage, select Panorama.
- Click Add Client.
- Input the client name (e.g., Coca-Cola).
- The client path will automatically mimic the client name, but it is editable (e.g., 'coca-cola' for www.yourcustomdomain.com/coca-cola). This is the custom path all learners will access.
- Primary settings are available to configure at the time of creation, but can be updated later (Panorama > Actions > Edit > Settings > Primary).
- Click Save.
- You will land on the Primary Settings page of the new Client.
- From this point, you can continue to configure your panorama by adding content, inviting users, or customizing branding.
You can also choose to copy an existing client account, which copies over any sublicenses, branding settings, and associated content. Customizations that do not carry over are primary settings, onboarding responses, single sign-on settings, and learners.
When copying, you will choose the new name and path. It will go into a queue and display in the main panorama list when it's ready.
Path: Panorama > Actions > Edit > Settings > Copy