Assessment reporting can provide useful insight on how well your learners are truly understanding your content. From these reports, we aim to deliver the following:
- The ability to dive into assessment reports at the site level or the course level.
- Evaluate which questions are serving you well and which are not.
- Gain clarity around where your learners are understanding your content well.
In this article, we walk you through how to find site level and course level Assessment Reports.
To run the Site Level Report:
- From your homepage, select Reporting Hub.
- From the left menu, select Library.
- Under Learner Actions, choose Assessment Results Overview.
The Assessment Results Overview report is a dashboard containing two data tiles: Assessment Attempts and Questions.
A record of each finished attempt made by learners on your instance. It includes useful information like Email, Course Title, Grade, and Date of Attempt.02
A record of each question and answer for finished attempts. This data tile also includes helpful information like Email, Course Title, Question, Answer, and Date of Attempt.
- The report will automatically run.
- You have the ability to filter by any date range, page title, learner, and course title.
Reminder to name your course pages! It becomes incredibly helpful to identify which assessment learners were attempting.
- Click Run Report.
- To download the dashboard results, click the Dashboard Actions menu and choose Download - you can download as a PDF or as a CSV file.
To run the Course Level Report:
- From your homepage, select Content and click on the Content Title.
- Click on Release.
- Then click Reporting in the left sidebar.
- Click on Assessments to view these reports.
The course level reporting contains two reports: Quiz Attempts Overview (all assessments included) and Quiz Attempts Dashboard (to analyze individual assessments).
Quiz Attempts Overview
The best way to view all finished assessment attempts by learner. It simply displays each learner in rows and their grade for each quiz in the columns.02
Quiz Attempts Dashboard
The dashboard can be found by selecting an individual assessment from the 'Select a quiz' drop down. Once selected, the dashboard will appear will a variety of metrics and insights in data tiles. A notable data tile toward the bottom of the dashboard is Quiz Attempts - with this report, you can review the individual assessment submissions at the question level.
Course level reporting excludes panorama level data. To view these same reports with panorama learners, go through the Panorama content list. Go to Panorama > Actions > Edit > Content > Click on Actions Menu in Content row > Reporting > Assessments.
- To download either dashboard, click the Dashboard Actions menu and choose Download.
To download results from an individual data tile:
- Hover over the top right corner of the tile.
- Click the three vertical dots to reveal the menu - the Tile Actions menu.
- Click Download data.
- Choose your format and options.
If the results are greater than 500 rows, you can choose All Results under Limit to go beyond that default row limit.
- Click Download.
What else do I need to know?
- Assessment reports include workbook responses.
- To optimize report and query performance, by default:
- Report results are cached for one hour. The data will refresh automatically if you run the report after the hour has passed.
- Report results are limited to 500 rows. See the steps above for "To download results from an individual data tile:" to learn how to download all results.