We have brought some of the reports and features you know and love from the global Reporting area into Panorama! This article explains the basic functions of the feature and how to use Reporting to view and download analytics data.
Use Case Information
With Panorama Reporting, admins, managers, and custom roles who are given the right permissions have access to a library of reports.
- Have Client Managers and Admins monitor learner progress and client performance
- Track client specific onboarding responses
- Narrow down results by sublicenses
Panorama Reporting is behind a feature flag.
Navigate to Apps in your instance to request to have this feature enabled on your site.
Thought Industries' Panorama Reporting (PR) functionality is made available to our customers for their internal business and reporting purposes, and is intended for users that have been authorized by our customers. By opting-in you are confirming that you will grant access to this functionality only to those authorized in accordance with your platform access and security policies. PR allows HTML-to-iFrame access via Thought Industries' interoperability with Looker, a third-party service provider, and may allow your users to input or inject HTML script into certain fields within the PR, creating risk for our customers. For this reason, only trusted users should be granted access to PR. For more information concerning Looker's HTML sanitization policy please visit www.docs.looker.com. You may opt-out of PR functionality at any time by checking the appropriate OPT-OUT box within the PR DISCLAIMER notice window.
Roles with access to Panorama Reporting:
- Site Admins
- Client Admins
- Client Managers
- Custom roles with Viewing Client Reports permission enabled
Users can access the Reports tab, which includes prebuilt reports. These are reports the user always has access to.
Path: Panorama > Click Panorama Title > Reporting > Reports
See the section below, "Run and View Reports in the Client", for more details and directions on how to run these reports.
Users can access this area to create customize reports and tweak base configurations to fit specific reporting needs. To learn more about creating custom reports, see this help article.
Path: Panorama > Click Panorama Title> > Reporting > Create
Users can favorite reports to focus their reporting tasks. Favorites are unique to each user. To learn more about favoriting reports, see this help article.
Path: Panorama > Click Panorama Title > Reporting > Favorites
Data and Sublicense Filtering
Panorama Reporting Data is based on the learner's currently allocated sublicenses, NOT the sublicense the learner was a part of at the time of an action.
Example: The actions follow a learner rather than being stamped to a particular sublicense. So if a learner completes Course A while in Sublicense A, but is then moved to Sublicense B, all actions for Course A will be displayed for Sublicense B.
As a client admin, or any role, with Viewing Client Reports and access to multiple sublicenses, the following logic will be applied to data for users existing across multiple sublicenses:
- If a sublicense is selected in the dropdown menu, the report will return all relevant data for users who are a part of that sublicense.
- If a sublicense is not selected, the report will return data across all users in the given client (for whichever sublicenses the viewer is provisioned).
- If a sublicense is expired, the learner will still show in that sublicense.
- If a learner is removed forcibly (i.e. removed access from sublicense), the learner will NOT show in the sublicense.
- For learners who move clients, the data returned in reports will reflect the current client they are in.
Run and View Reports in the Client
- From your homepage, select Panorama > Panorama name.
- In the left menu, select Reporting > Reports.
- Within the Reports section, there are four pre-built reports.
Onboarding Responses Log
This page shows individual user responses to an Onboarding Survey enabled at the client level.
- Includes Email, Submission Time, and Survey Questions/Responses.
Client Engagement contains a dashboard comprised of multiple data tiles showing different information relevant to learner engagement. Preview screenshot (there is more data than what is displaying in the screenshot):
- Learner Content Status: Pie chart with percentage breakdowns of learner statuses
- Visits per Day: Line chart of visits per day - shows previous 7 days.
- Blocks with one data visualization: # Learners, Total Content Starts, Total Content Completions, Total Time Spent, Total Visits, Total Page & Content Views, Average Time per Visit
- Most Active and Least Active Content: Shows top and bottom 5 content items based on Total Views
- Top Learners: Shows top 10 learners based on Total Content Views
- Learner Usage Overview: One row per learner with data on content starts, content completions, last active date, completed assignments, and # of quiz attempts
- Learner Usage Details: One row per learner and content item; displaying current content status
Content Usage contains a dashboard comprised of multiple data tiles showing different information relevant to content use. Preview screenshot (there is more data than what is displaying in the screenshot):
- Content Views by Date: Line Chart that shows content views by month throughout the life of the panorama
- Content Views: shows a count of the total content views
- Content Completions: shows a count of the total content completions
- Overview: Views and Completions by Content Type
- Content Usage Totals by Month: Views and Completions by month
- Content Usage Details: Views and Completions by content item
Learner Usage contains a dashboard comprised of multiple data tiles showing different information relevant to learner use of the Panorama. Preview screenshot (there is more data than what is displaying in the screenshot):
- Learner Visits by Date: Line Chart that shows learner visits by month throughout the life of the panorama
- Blocks with one data visualization: Total Learners, Total Visits, Total Content Views, Total Content Completions, Avg. Time Spent (minutes)
- Learner Usage Totals by Month: Views and completions by month
- Learner Usage - Visits: Visits by learner with last active date
- Learner Usage - Overview: Views and completions by learner
- Learner Usage - Content Details: One row per learner and content item; displaying current content status
If you are using Training Credits in Panorama, you will see a 5th Library report: Admin Credit Action Log. To learn more about Training Credits, go check out this help article.
Copy Reports across Clients
If you've built custom reports for panorama clients, you can copy those reports from one panorama to another. Instead of spending time rebuilding each one, Main Site Manager Roles with permission to Manage Multiple Panoramas can simply navigate to the custom report inside of a panorama and choose to clone it to multiple other panorama clients in a few clicks.
- As a main site admin, navigate to the Looks or Dashboards page of a panorama reporting hub. From the homepage, click Panoramas > select a panorama > Reporting > Create > Looks or Dashboards.
- From the Look or Dashboard you want to copy, select Copy Look/Dashboard.
- Select one or more panoramas to copy to.
- Click Copy to Panoramas then confirm by clicking Yes, Copy to Panoramas.
- You will see a message confirming that copying is in progress.
It may take a couple of minutes before copies are available in all the panoramas you selected.
Copied reports will be copied to the selected panoramas and will be available to manager roles who have permissions to view Panorama Reporting Hub. Copied reports will respect all client and sublicense data separation. In order to edit the report, you'll need to edit it within each panorama.
When Looks and Dashboards are copied into a Panorama, they’re placed into a backend “folder” at the Panorama level. That folder only exists if a panorama manager has previously accessed Panorama Reporting at least one time. If you’re having trouble copying Looks or Dashboards into a particular Panorama, try going into that Panorama’s Reporting area and navigating to Create select one of the Create options. This will create the backend folder and allow you to copy Looks and Dashboards as needed.
Frequently Asked Questions
|Does Panorama Reporting replace the previous experience?
|Yes! If enabled, the Panorama Reporting will replace the previous experience with Library, Explore, and Favorite menu options.
|Where can I find the reports available in Panorama today?
The Panorama Reporting Reports area will have all existing panorama reports.
Has any new out-of-the-box Reports been added?
No new out-of-the-box Reports have been added, but with the ability to Favorite custom dashboards, you can begin to build a Library of custom tiles and dashboards.
|Is Sending & Scheduling available in Panorama Reporting?
|Sending and Scheduling is not available in this first version of Panorama Reporting, but it is already on the roadmap to add this functionality in the near future.
|Who can see Panorama Reporting?
|Site Admin, Client Admin, Client Managers, and custom roles with 'Viewing Client Reports' permission enabled.
|Are there limits around what data users can view in Explores in Panorama Reporting?
|When users access the Create area, they will only have access to the client and sublicenses they have been provisioned.
|Can I give users ‘view only’ permissions for Panorama Reporting?
|Not at this time. If the user has the' Viewing Client Reports' permission on, they will be able to view Library reports and also use the Create function.
|Who do I contact if I have an issue or feedback on the new Panorama Reporting?
|Contact Support for help with using reports. For feedback, there is a link at the bottom of the EXPLORE page in Panorama Reporting. Site Admin can also submit feedback (triggered by clicking Suggestions in the left navigation).