You can use folders to organize your main content list and easily find the content you need to work on. Unlike other features that can be used for organizational purposes, like tags or custom content fields, folders are purely for managers to organize their content list. There are no learner facing consequences.
Use Case Information
Here are some of the ways you can use folders to your benefit:
- Group content that populates a learning path
- Group similar subjects or verticals
- Group by release dates, months, or years
- Group by content package type - paid or free
- Group content by author or owner
- Group content by stages of review - draft, needs review, approved, etc.
This folder feature is currently only available on the main site content list - not at the panorama level.
Creating a Content Folder:
Folders are listed in the Content Drawer to the left of the content list window in a new area: Manage Folders.
- Go to Content, then Manage Content.
Expand the content drawer.
- Click the Add Folder icon at the bottom of the drawer.
- Add a name and click Save.
Folder Names have to be unique and cannot overlap with any of your instance tag names. Folder Names are also not case sensitive. For example, you can't have "dogs" and "Dogs" - they're considered the same folder.
- The new folder will appear at the top of list, but can be reordered.
This is a shared list of folders among your manager users with access to this content list. Please take that into account when creating folders.
Editing & Deleting a Content Folder:
- Select the check box next to the Content Folder you'd like to edit or delete.
- Click Edit next to the name of the Folder at the top of the list.
- Choose either Edit Folder Name or Delete Folder.
- If you choose Edit Folder Name, update the name and click Save.
- If you choose Delete Folder, click Yes to confirm.
If you delete a folder, it will not delete the content inside of the folder.
Moving Content to Folders:
Currently, content can be moved to folders one item at a time.
If you use sessions, please note that you can select whole course groups and move them to folders, but you cannot move individual sessions into folders.
- When viewing all content, you will see a check box next to the Content Title.
- Click the check box to select the Content.
Folders are for active content only. Archived items cannot be moved to folders. If an item in a folder becomes archived, it will no longer be visible in that folder.
- Click Move at the bottom of the screen.
- Choose the Folder or Folders you'd like to add the content to.
If you don't see the option you need, you have the option to create a new folder at this step and then move the content.
- Click Move.
Content items can live in more than one folder.
- To remove content from the folder, open the folder, select the check box next to the content you want to remove, and then select Remove.
Viewing a Content Folder:
When viewing a list of items in a folder, the same sorts and filters are available
as when viewing all content together.
- Simply click the check box next to the folder you'd like to view.
- To exit the folder and go back to the full content list, you can click the 'x' in the search box to clear selections or click the check box next to the selected folder.
There is currently no reporting on Folders so we recommend still using tags for reporting capabilities on groups of content.
Use an asterisk to denote a wildcard and search for partial strings. For example, searching for "bas*" will return results for "basic," "baseball," and "Count Basie Orchestra."