Content will only display in your site's catalog (on the public catalog and within the Catalog widget, if applicable) once you release a course or choose to show content in the catalog. To remove content from the catalog, you must unrelease a course or hide content from the catalog. When you unrelease a course, it will be removed from the Catalog widget.
Unreleasing content to remove it from a catalog view only applies to catalog widgets outside of panoramas.
Where do I find this?
Content > Manage Content > Click on Content Title > Release Step > Click Unrelease
How do I do this?
To unrelease a course and remove it from the course catalog:
- From your homepage, select Content, then Manage Content.
- Click the Content Title for the course you want to alter and go to the Release step.
- Click the Unrelease button at the top right.
- You will be prompted to confirm "Yes" or "No".
- Click Yes to unrelease.
Unreleasing a course affects whether the course will display in the catalog. If you would like to ensure no new purchases can occur for this course, we would recommend also disabling the 'Make Purchasable' toggle under eCommerce settings in the content.
What else do I need to know?
- Any learners who have access to the unreleased course will continue to have access. This includes learners who purchased prior to it being unreleased, used a redemption code, purchased a course collection (with the course included), was given access by an admin, etc.
You can provision content to Panorama accounts regardless of whether the content has been released. Meaning, you can add content to a Panorama account that is not accessible to the public, and vice versa. Releasing content only affects whether learners on your public site will be able to see the content in your catalog—Panorama users will automatically see any content provisioned to their account, whether public or private. See our article on Provisioning Access to Panoramas for more information.