Use custom URL redirects on your instance if you are migrating from an existing learning site and need to redirect current URLs to the new pages on your Thought Industries site.
For example, your old site may have displayed all content on
www.yourdomain.com/content, while the new page on Thought Industries would be the catalog page at
www.yourdomain.com/catalog. In this case, you would set up a redirect from
/catalog so that learners can easily find their way to the new catalog page by being directed there automatically.
How to Set Up Redirects
- From your homepage, click Settings.
- From the left menu, click Setup > Redirects.
- Click Add Redirect.
- Next, populate both fields listed below. You must start each URL with
Redirect From: This is the URL you want to redirect learners from. For example, you might want to redirect from
- Redirect To: This is the URL you want to direct learners to. For example, you might want to redirect to
- Redirect From: This is the URL you want to redirect learners from. For example, you might want to redirect from
- Click Save.
- Under Custom Redirects, click Test Redirect to confirm your URL is being redirected to the correct place. You can also type the redirected URL into your browser to test it.
There is no delay time on redirect setup. The changes are immediate.
Any pages created on your Thought Industries site cannot be redirected using this platform feature. This includes both default layouts (found in Design > Layouts) and custom pages (found in Design > Pages). See below for a full list (
slug=unique portion of URL for each item):
- Content detail pages:
- Subscription detail pages:
- Collection detail pages:
- A la carte collection detail pages:
- One-off pages on public site:
- Content catalog page:
- Registration page:
- Redemption code page:
- FAQ page:
- Learning Path detail pages:
- Learning Path pages:
- Video pages:
- Article pages:
- Product pages: