Your public catalog page is always your site URL with the slug/catalog at the end. By default, a catalog widget is present on that page. When you release a content item, it will show in your public catalog page within the catalog widget.
Use Case Information
Content will only display in your site's catalog once you release the content. A released content item may also show in other catalog widgets across your site if configured to do so. If you do not want all released content to show in a specific catalog widget, you can customize the catalog widget's settings to only include certain content or exclude certain content.
When configured you can control the following:
- Create a Catalog of content for public viewing.
- Allow content to be purchased if using our ecommerce functionality.
- Use dynamic widgets to show a selection of preferred content.
Releasing content only applies to public catalog widgets outside of panoramas. Therefore, it is not necessary to releases content only provisioned to Panoramas.
How to Release Content to the Catalog
To release content to your public facing Catalog Page:
- From your homepage, select Content, then Manage Content.
- Click the Content Title for to the course you want to alter and go to the Release Step.
Review the Summary provided in the Release Step to make sure everything is set up properly before Releasing.
- Click the Release button at the top right.
- You will have the option to schedule the Release for a specific day, but it's completely optional.
- If you'd like to Release the content item now, click Save.
You can provision content to Panorama accounts regardless of whether the content has been released. Meaning, you can add content to a Panorama account that is not accessible to the public, and vice versa. Releasing content only affects whether learners on your public site will be able to see the content in your catalog—Panorama users will automatically see any content provisioned to their account, whether public or private. See our article on Provisioning Access to Panoramas for more information.
Notes, Tips and Considerations
When content is released, please keep in mind:
- Enrollment dates affect the date learners can actually purchase that piece of content. Set the dates in the future to keep the cart closed but in waitlist mode to collect emails for interested learners.
- Access dates affect the dates the course will be available and accessible to registered learners. Set the dates in the future if you want to be sure learners will not have access to a course even if they register early.
- You can always unrelease content or choose to hide content in the catalog at any time.