Content will only display in your site's catalog (on the public site's catalog page and within the Catalog widget, if applicable) once you release a course or choose to show content in the catalog. Releasing a course makes it appear in the catalog.
Releasing content only applies to public catalog widgets outside of panoramas.
Where do I find this?
Content > Actions > Settings > Release
How do I do this?
To release a course to the catalog:
- From your homepage, select Content.
- Click the Actions drop-down next to the course you want to alter and select Edit.
- Click the Release button at the top right.
- For courses, you will then be prompted to confirm the price of your course, in addition to establishing other course settings like access dates and making it purchasable.
- Click Save.
What else do I need to know?
- Enrollment dates affect the date learners can actually purchase that piece of content. Set the dates in the future to keep the cart closed but in waitlist mode to collect emails for interested learners.
- Access dates affect the dates the course will be available and accessible to registered learners. Set the dates in the future if you want to be sure learners will not have access to a course even if they register early.
- You can always unrelease a course or choose to hide content in the catalog at any time.
You can provision content to Panorama accounts regardless of whether the content has been released. Meaning, you can add content to a Panorama account that is not accessible to the public, and vice versa. Releasing content only affects whether learners on your public site will be able to see the content in your catalog—Panorama users will automatically see any content provisioned to their account, whether public or private. See our article on Provisioning Access to Panoramas for more information.