B2B Group Subscriptions is a Panorama-based feature that allows you to sell groups of seats with licensed content access to your customers. When purchased, Thought Industries creates a Panorama client for the instance, then provisions content access to the newly-created Panorama client based on the content in the subscription. The purchaser is able to invite learners to and manage their Panorama.
B2B Group Subscriptions allow for a fully white-labeled, branded experience while being separated from other groups of learners.
In this article, you will find the capabilities, behaviors, and guidelines for B2B group Subscriptions.
Use Case Information
B2B Group Subscriptions are used as a self-service transaction that allows you to sell content to a customer or organization who:
- Needs their own learning environment with preset content included.
- Would like to invite learners to their learning environment.
- Are able to manage a learning environment themselves.
- Can manage with a low-touch client experience.
B2B Group Subscriptions is behind a feature flag.
Navigate to Control Panel in your instance to request to have this feature enabled on your site or reach out to your CSM.
How to Create a B2B Group Subscription
- From your homepage, click eCommerce, then eCommerce Items.
- Click Add Ecommerce Item.
- Select Add Group Subscription from the list of item types.
- Enter a title for your Group Subscription in the container.
- Click Save.
- Complete the fields, as needed:
- Subscription Name: The learner-facing title
- Short Description: The description for used in the catalog, as well as the description that displays above the detail page image.
- Tags: Use a organizational tag to help you stay organized, as well filter and find this collection easily in your eCommerce interface.
Organizational Tags are different than content tags used for provisioning content, as noted below.
- Custom Fields: Adding any value for your Custom Fields that were previously created in Settings > Content > Organize and Display. This value will help your learners filter and find this collection.
- Meta Title: Use for Search Engine Optimization purposes.
- Meta Description: Use for Search Engine Optimization purposes.
- Confirmation Text: This confirmation message displays after your learner completes a purchase.
- Image: Use for both catalog thumbnail and detail page image.
- Ribbon: Apply the appropriate Ribbon from the selection you have created in your Settings > Content > Organization and Display.
- SKU: Use for reporting purposes.
- Modify and/or create new Seat Tiers and Price per Seat fields. Read more about the setup of tiers and packages in the Understanding Seat Tiers and Seat Packages section of this article.
The subscription fee is charged to your clients yearly.
- Modify and/or create new Seat Packages and complete the fields, as needed. Read more about the setup of tiers and packages in the Understanding Seat Tiers and Seat Packages section of this article.
- Trial Period Days: How long the trial period be should be, if any, before the initial transaction is taken.
- Content: The content that will be added to this subscription
- Learning Paths: The learning paths you can add to this subscription
- Content Tags: Select which tag(s) learners should have access to. This includes courses as well as other content such as articles and webinars.
- Taxable: The Avalara tax settings are configured at Settings > Integrations > eCommerce Tax Settings and can be applied to make the subscription taxable.
- Available for Purchase: Toggle to Yes to expose the price in your catalog and allow learners to purchase the item.
- Show In Content Catalog: Toggle to Yes to release the subscription so it is exposed in your catalog.
- Subscription Type: The template you used to create the subscription will be exposed to your learners, however, this is fully customizable and could be edited to reflect your language.
- Show Advanced Settings > Source: Name the source of this subscription, if application
Price per package will automatically calculate based on the seat tiers and seat count.
- Click Save.
After a B2B Group Subscription is purchased, Thought Industries creates a Panorama Client. A custom client role called a Client Subscription Manager is created based on the account information provided at checkout. This role has the ability to manage the subscription after purchase. See How to Complete Seat Adjustment in the Subscription below for more information.
Redemption codes and registration codes should not be used with B2B Group Subscriptions.
Adding Tabs to the Detail Page
At the left of the subscription editor, you will have the option to add custom tabs using the provided templates. To do this, click Add Tab and select a tab type.
There are 3 different tabs available:
A Free Text editor, also known as a WYSIWYG, to allow you to add any infomation, images and formation as needed.
The Instructors tab allows for the addition of a full name as standard text, a bio (which is also a free text editor), and a headshot. The headshot has a suggested size of 400px by 400px.
The Products tab allows you to attach products, digital or physical, that you have set up in the eCommerce section of Thought Industries. These Items can then be added to the cart and made purchasable by the user visiting the detail page.
Once the subscription is created and made as available for purchase, your customers can purchase the subscription of seat packages.
- From the catalog, select the subscription.
- Select the desired seat package from the dropdown menu.
- Click Subscribe.
- Click Checkout from the cart/basket modal screen and complete the transaction.
- After the purchase, click View Your Courses.
- Replace the user’s name with the name of the organization, then click Create.
- The purchaser will notice the seat count populated on their dashboard. They can now invite learners to the site through multiple modes, including: creating an individual learner, assigning content to learners in a bulk import, and using registration or redemption codes.
How to Complete Seat Adjustment in the Subscription
Panorama Clients created through a B2B Group Subscription purchase will have the option to purchase additional seats from the Panorama dashboard.
- To purchase additional seats, your client will simply click Purchase Additional Seats.
- Select the seat package from the dropdown menu.
- Click Purchase Seats.
The subscription charge will be prorated to accommodate the additional seats.
If your client wishes to decrease their seat count, they need to reach out to you (an admin). In your admin interface, click Panorama > Client Name > Manage Seats to adjust the number of seats for the client.
Notes, Tips, and Considerations
- Consider if you want to make this available in a catalog or not, or if it should only be available to a certain set of clients through a specific link since this is low-touch option for your clients and not all clients will necessarily fit this use case.
- It is not possible to refund seats.
- When an admin adjusts a client's number of seats under Panorama > Client Name > Settings > Primary > Seat Limit, the client will not be charged.
- When an admin adjusts a client's number of seats under Panorama > Client Name > Manage Seats, the client will be charged.
- Your client can view the learner dashboard and learner experience by clicking View Dashboard or Enter Learner Dashboard in the top right of their Panorama homepage. They can return to their admin interface by clicking Return to Management.
- Your client can create and manage their sublicenses.
- Your client can send one-way, outbound emails to learners in the sublicense of their choice in their Panorama by clicking Communications > Email.
- Clients cannot white-label or brand their Panorama, but can set up Panorama branding for them on the admin interface.