Tagging is a way to organize your content. You can create packages of content, such as “Basic Package” and “Premium Package”, or you can organize your content in any fashion you would like. For example, if your content is location based, you could use the tags to highlight where the piece of content is. The exact tagging taxonomy is up to each individual learning site.
Where do I find this?
Content > Actions > Settings > Catalog
How do I do this?
Packages or Bundles: Basic, Premium, Silver, Gold
Location: Ireland, America, Massachusetts, Iowa
Role/Department: Internal, External, IT, Sales, Support
Creating New Tags:
- Navigate to an item where you would like to add a tag.
- Type tag title into the Tags bar.
- Select Add your tag title.
A few things to know:
- Tags cannot currently be deleted or edited after creation.
- Tags are case sensitive.
- Special characters for tags are not supported.
Adding Pre-existing Tags to items:
- Click into the Tags bar and select the tag you wish to add. Alternatively, type the tag name into the Tags bar and select from the drop-down.
- Select tag name in the drop-down.
Removing Pre-existing Tags from items:
- Click the X on chosen tag or simply delete text from Tags bar.
Tags are private and only displayed in the management interface – they are never visible to learners.
There are two common ways to use tags:
For managing content on backend - organizing, filtering and finding content for Admins to edit.
Path: Content > Manage Content
Path: Content > Central Asset Manager
For managing Panoramas on backend - organizing, filtering and finding clients for Admins to edit.
Path: Panorama > Settings
For provisioning content to panoramas or into various widgets.
Path: Panorama > Settings > Access
Path: Design > Layouts
What does this look like?