This article explains the difference between the following labels that are found on a Panorama dashboard: seats occupied, seats allocated, and seat limit. These labels are associated with how you manage your learner counts and limits in a given Panorama. View these values by going to Panorama > Client Name > Dashboard.
Use Case Information
If you use Panorama, you might need to limit the number of seats in a Panorama based on contract limits or for other reasons. You can set seat limits by assigning a predetermined number of seats to a Panorama to help meet this need.
When you enter a Panorama client, you will land on the Panorama dashboard. On the top right corner of the dashboard, you will find seats occupied, seats allocated, and seat limit, whose definitions you can find below.
Use these values to understand how many learners have been invited to the Panorama, how many seats are occupied, and what the seat limit is for a Panorama to help inform how you manage that Panorama, including if you need to change seat limits and how that impacts your contract terms with your client. You can keep your clients informed of seat limits by enabling automatic emails to be sent when the client is running out of seats or when their Panorama client expiration date is near.
Below are definitions of each label, along with things to keep in mind to understand how they function.
Seats occupied is the total number of learners who have completed their registration and are learners in this client. Seats occupied cannot exceed the seat limit.
- Will count up when a learner is manually added to the Panorama, either individually or via bulk import.
- Will count up when a learner has redeemed a registration code or redemption code.
- Will always increase by the number of sublicenses provisioned per code. For example, if a learner is part of one sublicense, the number of seats occupied will increase by one. If a learner is part of two sublicenses, seats occupied will increase by two at the time of code redemption. In other words, seats occupied is calculated by totaling each learner multiplied by their number of allocated licenses.
Seats allocated is the total number of learners invited into the client, no matter how they have been invited. Seats allocated cannot exceed the seat limit.
- Will be triggered when a learner is manually added to the Panorama, either individually or via bulk import.
- Will immediately be triggered for one seat, regardless of how many sublicenses are attached, when a redemption code is created.
- Will not be triggered for a registration code until that code has been redeemed by a learner.
The maximum number of seats that can be occupied within a Panorama.
- Seat limits are set in the Primary Settings of the Panorama.
- Seat limits are strictly enforced.
- You can add seats to a Panorama at any time.
- If you do not add a seat limit, you will not see this value displayed on the Panorama dashboard.
Provisioning learners directly to a Panorama and/or bulk uploading learners to a Panorama will change seat allocations and you will no longer be able to track by redemption codes/registration codes alone. If you want to be able to track how every learner is added, we recommend only using redemption or registration codes in given Panorama. This will also provide the best reporting options on how and when learners join.
Example Behaviors for Registration and Redemption Codes
Registration Code Example 1When a registration code with 30 redemptions is created and a Panorama and one sublicense is attached to the registration code, no changes in allotment will be made to either the seats occupied or seats allocated within that Panorama until a learner has redeemed the registration code. If a learner redeems the registration code for the Panorama and one sublicense, both seats occupied and seats allocated will increase by one.
Registration Code Example 2When a registration code provisions a learner more than one sublicense, such as access to three sublicenses, no changes in allotment will be made to either seats occupied or seats allocated until a user has redeemed the registration code. If a learner redeems the registration code for three sublicenses within a Panorama, both seats occupied and seats allocated will increase by three within that Panorama.
Redemption Code Example 1When a redemption code group for 30 redemptions is created and a Panorama and sublicense is attached to the redemption code, seats allocated for the Panorama will immediately increase to 30. However, the seats occupied will not change until a learner has redeemed the redemption code.
Redemption Code Example 2If a redemption code provisions more than one sublicense (for a total of 3 sublicenses), then upon creation, the Panorama Seats Allocated field will only display 1 Seat Allocated per code created. Once a learner has redeemed the redemption code, then Seats Allocated will increase by 2 (for a total of 3).