While it is possible to bulk edit some user information, You can also access and edit user records on an individual basis anytime you need to make modifications.
Use Case Information
Any role with the "manage users" permission, such as admin or customer service, can edit a user records. This includes updating passwords, user information, content access, roles, and more. This permission also allows you to view content engagement by user on this screen.
How to Edit a User Record
- From your homepage, select Users.
- From the left menu, select Learners.
- Go to the search field at the top of the page and enter the user email address or name you're searching for.
- Click the magnifying glass or hit Enter to complete the search.
To view disabled learners, click View Disabled at the bottom of the page. This is a great first place to check if you're having trouble finding a user.
- Once you locate your user, click on the user's name to view the their profile.
- Make changes to a user record by selecting from one of six tabs that each lead to a different area of the user record.
- Click Save.
The User Record's Details
The following list includes all six tabs, along with the options of each tab that can be configured.
- Impersonate a learner to log in as that user. This will log you out of your admin account and any actions taken will be recorded.
- View basic learner info such as first name, last name, email, phone number, and address.
- Update user's password.
- View user's current role. If Dual Role is activated, you can switch between the Admin and learner record.
- View learner reference fields.
- View learner's custom inputs, as well as onboarding survey results.
- Disable the user (render them unable to log into your site).
- View or forgive assessment attempts.
- View or issue certificates.
- View or issue awards.
- View a Content Actions Log or a Learner Content & Progress Details report. The report will be pre-filtered for the user's email from the profile you are navigating from.
- View engagement and completion data for individual courses and learning paths.
- View or add credit card on file.
- View subscription access & purchases.
- View all transactions for the user.
- View, print, or export a user's transcript. (Transcript fields can be added via Settings > Certification)