A quiz is a type of assessment that is used to test a user's knowledge. Quizzes are different from tests in that learners will be able to see right/wrong answers via a results screen that appears at the end.
Where do I find this?
Content > Manage Content > Click on Content Title > Add Page > Quiz
How do I do this?
- From your homepage, select Content, then Manage Content.
- Click the Content Title for to the course you want to alter.
- Within the course outline, go to the lesson where you'd like to add a quiz. Click Add Page.
- Select the Quiz page type.
- Add a page title.
- Click Save.
- Click Create New Question. From here, you will have the option to add multiple choice, True/False, image comparison, open ended, file submission, or essay question types. If there are questions saved in the Question Library, these questions can be added as well.
- Be sure to select the star next to each correct answer, if a question has one. You can also click Add a New Choice to create more answer fields.
- Toggle whether or not you require learners to select all correct answers to receive credit for this question.
- Click Add Question to add your question to the quiz.
- Repeat steps 7-10 until all of your questions have been added.
- Next, update your quiz options (located under question list)and then Save Settings.
- Enter a minimum passing percentage
- Add a start of quiz message
- Add a pass message and a fail message
- Enter an estimated time per question
- Enable the timer
- Allow learners to show/hide hints (depending on if you have added choice rejoinders)
- Allow learner to skip questions
- Disable navigation during quiz
- Display all hints
- Allow instructor to take quiz on behalf of learner
- Display correct answers prior to question completion after certain # of attempts
- Manually grade quiz
- Enable question pools
- You also have these options under Advanced Settings:
- Unlocking for editing by children?
- # of seconds required for completion
- Audio Narration File
- Click Save.
To build a Question Library of common questions that will be used throughout your courses, instead of selecting Create New Question, you can go to Choose From Question Library > Create New Question. These questions will now be available when creating future quiz and test pages.
For some question types, you will have the option to add choice rejoinders which will appear immediately after a learner selects an answer. Rejoinders act as tools to give your learners feedback on the answer they choose. For example, a rejoinder could explain why the choice they selected is correct or incorrect.
- Go to the quiz question you want to edit.
- Click "Add choice rejoinder" for each choice that you'd like to add a rejoinder to.
What does this look like?